Another Man of Gadarenes

My Christography - My life seen through the eyes of Jesus.

Name:

I desire to God's truth through song and poetry. Check out my website at http://www.johnthepoetministries.com

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

It Really Is Different


-->
When John understood his unworthiness and thoughts of My glory, he was changed. He understood it was no longer about himself. This would be his new resting place. I made it possible for him to fight his fears as his focus was to honor Me. Thoughts that had captured John and confused him had lost their strength. His double mindedness had changed with the freedom to think on Me. Truly, My chief desire is for man to glorify Me and enjoy Me forevermore. John had prayed for this months before. This was the desire I longed to answer.

-->
A Further Hope
As John pondered the grace I could provide him. He began to understand that it was not all about himself. As my verse says:
“I am crucified with Christ, yet I live, but not I but Christ lives in me.”
Another great answer was My promise:
“In everything give thanks for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.” As John applied this verse to his life he discovered more and more joy. Truly to be in the center of My will is found in a heart of thanksgiving.
Another area of spiritual growth was the development of My armor. John used memorized Scripture to provide for all the pieces of this armor.
My helmet of salvation was My foundational truth,
“Christ died for your sins, was buried and rose again on the third day according to the Scripture.” My breastplate guarded John’s heart. What greater protection is there than that of a thankful heart?
Again, “In everything give thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus.” The lions were girded up to help John run well. My verse was:
“Those that wait upon the Lord shall mount upon with wings as eagles, they shall run and not grow weary, they shall walk and not faint.” For the feet were shod with the gospel of peace.
“How beautiful are the feet of them that bring Good News.” The shield of faith was centered on My faithfulness to John.
“He that began a good work in you shall perform it till the day of Jesus Christ”
The final weapon was the “Sword of My Spirit”, which is the word of God. This is “My Word “applied to a specific situation. One of My greatest was:
“My grace is sufficient for thee, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”
My final thoughts for John were,
“John, you have My Word on it,” and the simple but powerful truth is “I love you and I’ve given myself for you.”

For more of the Story Go To Another Man Continues

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home